Short Films Programme 2: Summer Stories (PG)
Sun 15 May, 16:00
**Note the change of venue to the Boat Shed from Hidden Gardens**
Song, laughter and distant landscapes feature in this family-friendly selection of diverse films from Glasgow Short Film Festival 2011, which will be screened on Sunday 15th May, 16:00 at the Boat Shed, Queens Park.
The films being screened are:
- XXIX / Laurel MacDonald / Canada / 2010 / 7 min
- In A Pig’s Eye / Atsushi Wada / Japan / 2010 / 10 min
- Canopy Crossings / Gary Yong / Thailand & USA / 2010 / 19 min
- The Pedestrian / Stuart Elliott / UK / 2010 / 7 min
- The Accordion / Jafar Panahi / Iran / 2009 / 9 min
- Madagascar, A Journey Diary / Bastien Dubois / France / 2009 / 12 min
- Spider Fang! / Justin Perkinson / USA / 2010 / 2 min
XXIX is a multicultural performance of a fifteenth century choral piece, whilst Canopy Crossings combines travelogue and wistful fiction in a Thai marketplace. Prepare to be befuddled by the indescribable In A Pig’s Eye, seduced by the Oscar-nominated animation Madagascar, A Journey Diary and won over by Iranian director Jafar Panahi’s life-affirming work The Accordion. Closer to home, Stuart Elliott’s Glasgow-shot The Pedestrian is a hilarious audience-pleaser and Spider Fang! will send shivers down your spine!