The lovely people at Top Ten Glasgow Guide have put together the list below of the top 10 things to do and see at the Southside Film Festival. You can follow them on twitter @toptenglasgow or facebook for more great Glasgow recommendations.
1. Learn more about acclaimed photo journalist McCullin in Queen’s Park Camera Club.
2. Catch Sightseers, a black comedy about murder and caravanning in the 46th Glasgow Scout Group Hall.
3. Watch short films in the swimming pool at Govanhill Baths; or watch a music doc about the last gig by LCD Soundsystem – Shut Up and Play the Hits – at music venue The Glad Cafe on Saturday night and follow that by dancing at iBop at Pollok Ex Servicemens’ Club.
4. Have a drink in the library overlooking Pollok Park and move into the dining room to watch Gosford Park, and follow that up with dinner in the Servant’s Quarters in Pollok House on Sunday afternoon.
5. Watch one of the best silent films ever made, Battleship Potemkin, with live accompaniment from the Wurtlizer Cinema Organ at Pollokshaws Burgh Hall on Sun.
6. Get some Bollywood in your life with a Kuch Kuch Hota Hoi, a film partly shot in the Southside.
7. See the Southside filmmakers of the future on Saturday at the Southside Filmmaker Award screening.
8. Forget Iron Man 3, take the kids to see the kids’ classic favourite Iron Giant on Sat afternoon at The Glad Cafe (and your kids can learn how to make Superhero Animation at an animation workshop that morning).
9. If you want to learn more about the history of cinemas and cinema going on the Southside of Glasgow then don’t miss out Cinema Walk at 2pm on Sunday afternoon – sign up in advance and receive the meeting point.