About Southside Film
In 2001 the last cinema in the Southside of Glasgow closed its doors. Ten years later, in 2011, Southside Film was launched to bring film back to the Southside. Southside Film now screens films and hosts film events year round across numerous venues. Wherever we can put up a screen, we will!
Southside Film has the following aims:
- to screen a diverse, eclectic, artistic, engaging, entertaining and inclusive programme of international, national and local films of all genres and lengths
- to provide wider access to films, filmmaking and the Scottish film industry and to develop new audiences and appreciation for film
- to promote and celebrate cultural and social diversity through film
- to engage with the local community and public through film and collaborate with local community groups, organisations, venues, businesses, residents and filmmakers to ensure that the film programme reaches, includes, and connects with audiences
- to provide education & training -on film history, analysis, filmmaking and Scottish film industry -for all
- to encourage filmmaking within the Southside of Glasgow by showcasing new, local filmmakers (through the annual Southside Filmmaker Award), to inspire the next generation of filmmakers in the Southside of Glasgow
- to contribute to the cultural and economic development of the Southside of Glasgow
Read our 2013 annual review here
Read our 2012 annual review here
Southside Film is managed by a team of volunteers and is a Community Interest Company (CIC) registered in Scotland, company no 418100.
The current company directors are Karen O’Hare and Kirsty Kyle who is also the Treasurer. George Rintoul is the current Secretary and Antonia Bruce the current Volunteer Coordinator.
Southside Film is a member of Film Hub Scotland.
Southside Film is volunteer run and all of our income from screenings or events goes back into providing free or affordable film screenings and events for the Southside community. If you would like to donate to Southside Film then please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com