About Southside Film
Southside Film has the following aims:
- to screen a diverse, eclectic, artistic, engaging, entertaining and inclusive programme of international, national and local films of all genres and lengths
- to provide wider access to films, filmmaking and the Scottish film industry and to develop new audiences and appreciation for film
- to promote and celebrate cultural and social diversity through film
- to engage with the local community and public through film and collaborate with local community groups, organisations, venues, businesses, residents and filmmakers to ensure that the film programme reaches, includes, and connects with audiences
- to provide education & training -on film history, analysis, filmmaking and Scottish film industry -for all
- to encourage filmmaking within the Southside of Glasgow by showcasing new, local filmmakers (through the annual Southside Filmmaker Award), to inspire the next generation of filmmakers in the Southside of Glasgow
- to contribute to the cultural and economic development of the Southside of Glasgow
Read our 2013 annual review here
Read our 2012 annual review here
Southside Film is the trading name of Southside Film Festival CIC, registered in Scotland, company no 418100.
Southside Film is volunteer run and all of our income from screenings or events goes back into providing free or affordable film screenings and events for the Southside community. If you would like to donate to Southside Film then please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com
Southside Film is managed by an Advisory Group and a team of volunteers. The current company director is Karen O’Hare with Kirsty Kyle as Treasurer, Emma Sweeney as Secretary and Antonia Bruce as Volunteer Coordinator.
Southside Film is a member of Film Hub Scotland.